M3 Turbo S - $2795 per pair
$99 Flat Shipping in the USA.
Lead time for new orders is approximately 3 weeks.
Step into the future and experience the Hologram M3. The latest research from Clayton Shaw's quarter-century of development into open-baffle technology has yielded a beautifully natural and transparent sounding loudspeaker with the deep emotional connection of the real thing. A virtual image seems to project through the wall boundaries into open space for an unforgettable listening experience. All Hologram models can be used in a wide range of room sizes without the room boom associated with box speakers. Hear life-like dynamics and emotional impact with the liquid sounding M3. All passive, analog design - no digital signal processing required. The World's No. 1 selling open-baffle speaker.
Design by Clayton Shaw • Engineered and manufactured in the USA.
M3 HOLOGRAM SPECIFICATIONS:
- Open-baffle design with Dynamic Driver Controlled Directivity
- Two 15 inch Mid-woofers
- One wide bandwidth compression driver
- Crossover: Passive Hologram Network 800Hz
- Frequency Response: 32Hz - 20kHz +/- 3dB in room response
- Sensitivity: 94dB at 4Ω - averaged across 200Hz to 5kHz
- Impedance: 4Ω nominal (3 Ω minimum - low phase angle)
- Dimensions: 42" x 20" x 12" (HxWxD)
- Weight: 65 lbs. each
- Turbo adds premium WBT Binding Posts
- Turbo S Spatial M25 Compression Driver & Film/Foil caps
- Warranty: 20 Year Limited
- Available Finishes: Satin Black, White or Red paint
- Please allow 2 weeks for construction and delivery
- A 60 day trial period allows you to experience the Hologram in your own home without risk.
- Designed, Engineered and Manufactured in the USA
- Click here for RED DRAGON AUDIO S500 Details
UPGRADE PROGRAM FOR M3 TURBO AND TURBO S OWNERS NOW AVAILABLE
If you are a current M3 customer, you can now upgrade to the Triode Master version. We replace the compression driver with the M35 Uniwave driver, install Duelund cabling and replace the electrical section with the Triode Master crossover featuring Clarity Cap capacitors. Significant sonic improvements are evident with both tube and solid state amplifiers. New shipping carton is included. Return shipping included. Price $1295 per pair.
Spatial's Hologram series of loudspeakers incorporate a number of advanced design features that work together to achieve a more realistic reproduction of music than ever before.
• Open Baffle Design - Eliminating the speaker box dramatically improves the sound of a speaker by eliminating all manner of box related resonances and re-radiation of sound from inside the box. A free-flowing ease and dimensionality is immediately recognizable as more like actual music and less hifi sounding. Bass is extremely detailed and realistic sounding, while the midrange is portrayed naturally, with an open, 3D presentation. The challenge of creating an open-baffle speaker with powerful bass is especially daunting - the Hologram series succeed in producing unprecedented bass performance in a compact form factor.
• Point Source Design - A properly designed point source driver provides a coherent transition from midrange to treble and stable imaging by eliminating comb-filtering; the interference patterns found when the tweeter is physically separate as in most speaker designs. Hologram models exhibit phenomenal imaging and soundstaging.
• Controlled Directivity Design* - Dispersion angle is limited to around 80 degrees and held constant across the spectrum, allowing less interaction with the room and much more even response in reflected field energy.
• Ultra wideband Dipolar compression driver - The suspension design of our compression driver allows a very low crossover point at 700 Hz, providing coherent, high definition reproduction through the midrange and treble region. Since most of the midrange is produced by the low mass compression driver instead of the cone driver, a dramatic improvement in resolution and reduced distortion is provided compared to conventional speaker designs. The dipolar radiation pattern provides and extremely expansive soundstage, while still maintaining proper scaling of instruments and voices.
• High-efficiency Drivers - The use of very high efficiency drivers provides outstanding dynamic response without compression effects. The mid/tweeter's 108dB sensitivity essentially eliminates any compression distortion when used in domestic applications.
• Linear Response - Uniform frequency response is critical to accurate music reproduction. Great care has been taken in voicing the speaker in the effort to reproduce natural pitch and tonal balance.
*Controlled Directivity Explained:
The idea with controlled directivity is to create a situation in the room where the frequency response shape (and therefore tonal balance) of the direct field is similar to the reflected field. In domestic listening environments, the walls and floor/ceiling boundaries are close to the speaker, so the manner in which the speaker interacts with the boundaries plays a determining role in the final sound quality in a given listening room. Concurrently, the reduced levels of reflected energy lowers the amplitude of room sound, increasing the ratio of direct to reflected field energy at the listening position.
Conventional box speakers with surface mounted mid and treble drivers typically have very uneven frequency response off-axis. Unfortunately, this uneven response pattern is being reflected off the boundaries, which is then mixed with the on-axis, direct radiation coming from the speaker. The summed response at the listener position is one of degraded quality compared to the direct field alone. Additionally, the reflected field energy is arriving later due to the extra distance traveled, causing a number of time domain related problems such as blurred imaging and poorly constructed soundstage projection. The sound also takes on the character of the room more than is desired, creating inconsistancy from one installation to the next. Loudspeaker manufacturers using the conventional approach really have no idea what their customers are hearing due to room interaction being such a large factor.
The best known way to address this problem is to employ controlled directivity principles, which are well known and highly developed in professional audio, such as in studio monitors and live sound applications. As applied to the home listening environment, this means that the dispersion angle is narrower and more consistent with frequency, with less energy hitting the side walls and floor/ceiling boundaries. We aim to produce an 80 degree pattern that drops off quickly beyond that point and has a frequency response shape close to the on-axis response. We can’t eliminate energy bouncing off boundaries, but we can reduce the level, which increases the ratio of direct to reflected field energy. Then, the summed response at the listener position is similar to the quality one would expect in a near-field listening arrangement. This, in effect allows the listener to hear the speaker itself, instead of such a strong mix of the speaker and room.
We achieve broadband uniformity of directivity by controlling the radiation angle specific to the differing properties of bass, mid and treble. Open-baffle bass provides directionality in the bass region where the wavelengths are very long, the large mid cone controls the angle in the midrange by virtue of its size compared the wavelengths of the mids, while the same cone provides a waveguide function to the point source compression tweeter. The Hologram achieves these objectives in a surprisingly simple and compact package.