Red Dragon Audio designed the M500MkII with customer feedback at the forefront of the process. Our new design incorporates the most requested features from clients including our latest input section. This custom Input Buffer Section offers flexible input options, remote control functionality and a high input impedance. Increased Input Impedance allows our amps to be paired with all preamplifiers - even the most esoteric tube preamps.
12-Volt DC Trigger input/output connections allows remote power on/off and daisy chaining of multiple components (great for home theater setups and the most energy conscience consumers). XLR or RCA inputs can be selected with a switch on the back panel. The RCA input is converted to a fully balanced signal maintaining the utmost signal linearity. After the signal has been massaged by the Input Buffer Stage it is fed directly into the ICEpower Class-D amplification module.
"...the M500MkII's boundary-defying width in terms of its soundstage was infectious, as it made it seem as if my side walls simply weren't there...Vocals were smooth, articulate and lifelike in their presentation...I loved every second of it and actually listened to the entire album start to finish before getting up to do other things."
- Andrew Robinson of HomeTheaterReview.com
- Proprietary Input Buffer Stage with XLR and RCA Inputs
- 12-Volt DC Trigger Input and Output allow remote power control
- Latest Generation Class-D ICEpower amplifier Technology
- 500 watts at 4Ω - 250 watts at 8Ω
- Max Current Output: 30amps
- Dynamic Range: 121dB
- Nominal Voltage Gain: 30.7dB
- Sensitivity: 1.4Volts
- Minimum Load: 3Ω
- Short circuit, Thermal & Over-current protection
- RoHS compliant
- Frequency Response: 20Hz-20kHz ± 0.3db
- Typical THD+N 8Ω (10W out) 0.0045%
- Selectable Mains: 115V or 230V
- Solid Aircraft Grade Extruded Aluminum Chassis rejects EMI/RFI
- Universal 5-Way Gold Plated Binding Posts (CE)
- 5-Year warranty to original owner.
- Dimensions: 16" x 7" x 3"
- Weight: 9 lbs
- 14-awg shielded power cord included (6' length)
- Proudly Built in the U.S.A.